Black copper marans

Here’s a pic of one of the early eggs.
7064E8F6-4BE8-4BE8-A872-35DE013F1516.jpeg

Unfortunately I can't help you.....but I am curious about what you mean about people painting their eggs? Do elaborate, I'd love to hear more. I hadn't heard about that before.
I've heard people buying eggs from breeders to find out the breeder painted the eggs darker then they were plus they use filters aswell is why I'm looking for a hatchery

Which hatchery sells the best black copper marans that lay the darkest eggs? I'm looking for hatcheries and not breeders...they tend to filter their eggs and paint them is there a hatchery better then another
If you want a dark egg, you should purchase from a breeder. You do know that the brown on the egg is only on the surface so it can scratch and appear to be painted.

If you want a dark egg, you should purchase from a breeder. You do know that the brown on the egg is only on the surface so it can scratch and appear to be painted.
Breeders lie been there done that and they paint the egg a darker brown I've seen it happen I don't need show quality but might go a different direction

Breeders lie been there done that and they paint the egg a darker brown I've seen it happen I don't need show quality but might go a different direction
You are not going to get super dark eggs from a hatchery. Hatcheries only care about making money not about improving the breed. Find a breeder. Here are a few reputable breeders. Sage Acres Farm LLC, Fat Hen Farms.

Back
Top Bottom