Hatching
Sep 14, 2017
please let me know what these are,

Attachments

• IMG_3698.JPG
    IMG_3698.JPG
    639.1 KB · Views: 56
Hello! :) Welcome to BYC! :frow

I am not an expert... and I am sorry that I cannot help more...

It doesn't look quite like Fowl pox... But again, others would know more than I... Are there many biting insects around and how cold is it where you live?

hello, I do have mosquitos and its fairly warm here still. its not a build up or blister, its the comb skin (where it looks like little balls) that are black

hello, I do have mosquitos and its fairly warm here still. its not a build up or blister, its the comb skin (where it looks like little balls) that are black

That definitely doesn't sound like fowl pox (to me), especially if your rooster is acting normally otherwise... I personally would guess it would be mosquitos (or other insect) bites.
My rooster gets very similar dots on his comb shortly before our creek dries up (i.e when the mosquitos are most prevalent). I would keep an eye on it but not be super worried or anything... However, as I said, I am not an expert... that is just my opinion. :)

I agree, could be insects, mosquitos, ticks, mites, etc.. could be from rubbing his head against the wire or wood, could be pecking from another rooster/hen. frostbite will turn the most distal portion of the comb black, this I don't suspect.

Back
Top Bottom