Black East Indies

smishi

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 18, 2013
Hiya,
Can anyone who owns BEIs please tell me a little about them and what they're like to own? I have read that they aren't the friendliest of ducks but they're so beautiful and I am a fan of the bantam breeds, and I am looking to add a few more to my flock. It is essential that they're friendly as they are more pets to me, and I love how mine quack and run over instead of running off when they see me coming!
(Currently just have these two Calls, Pringle on the left, and his girlfriend Minstrel on the right) Thanks! :)

Hi!

I don't have BEI's, but wanted to say hello. They are beautiful, I agree. I have read they need to have their wings clipped if you don't want them to fly.

I am also trying to recall someone with them. Years ago, Dot n Dave were members here, but then they posted they wanted to rehome the flock, and that's the last I have seen that member.

Well I'm building a big aviary for them so I wouldn't need to worry about them flying, but if they're not going to be very friendly then I wouldn't want any really. I'm also trying to get my hands on some very tame female calls, I'd love to hatch some more but then I don't really want any more boys :/

Back
Top Bottom