black emu eggs????

willkatdawson

Songster
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Ga
Lately I've seen two cooking shows with emu eggs. In both shows the eggs shells were black. I have several ostrich and emu hollow eggs in a basket here at home and theya re all cream colored. Do the come in both cream and black? I guess I always thought there was only one variety of emu. I know different breeds of chickens can lay different tinted eggs but black and white is a vast difference in color.

I think emus only lay dark green eggs. I've never heard of white emu eggs before.
hmm.png

I would bet the black eggs were a result of the wierd stage lighting they do on live shows like that. Otherwise, I am lost.

black emu eggs
well emu only lays eggs of these kinds
smaller birds say between the age of 18 months plus lay normal green colour small eggs
later as they grow they start laying darker, bigger and with black spots, somewhat embossed dark black spots
sometimes the black spots are so dense that it seems like black egg
we breed and trade emu in INdia and we come across many emu eggs of all shapes and sizes
so the one that you saw must be a mature bird's egg that must have got dark black spots that really looks like black

regards
ashish
creative director
solan emu farms
India

Back
Top Bottom