Black Jersey Giant thread!!!!!

Pics
Hello all. I am looking for some jersey giants to add to our flock. I live in California near Yosemite. Does any one know of anywhere I can get some besides online as the shipping is a bit much. Thanks

Hello all. I am looking for some jersey giants to add to our flock. I live in California near Yosemite. Does any one know of anywhere I can get some besides online as the shipping is a bit much. Thanks

Hi I am also looking for some Jersey giants to add to my small flock of ameracuana's any ideas as to where I can find some up here in Alberta Canada near Edmonton

frow.gif
Hi all, I'm hopping on this thread because hopefully my Black Jersey Giant chick will arrive tomorrow from Meyer. Just hoping to learn as much as I can about the breed.

We got three Black Jerseys this spring - they are about 22 weeks old now. They were supposed to all be female, but they look different so we are wondering if there is a rooster in there? They are all pretty friendly. No crowing going on but the largest one with the biggest comb and wattles definitely tries to be boss. Maybe someone has ideas?

Sooo....I'm a goof & ordered 3 black chicks at once. They're all supposed to be sexed females, a Jersey Giant, Australorp, & an Orpington. I'm having trouble determining which is which. Can anyone here help me? Here they are at 6 days old.

This is Chick # 5 in the front – Blackest legs & feet, least amount of white on feathers, most ridgey beak - Black Orpington? I'm thinking Orpington because her beak ridges & wing feathers look so much like my 2 older Orpingtons did at this age, she is the same size as they were, and her tail feathers are sprouting at the same rate as the Buff Orpington I received with her (same age):

Chick # 7 – Yellowest Feet bottoms, black beak w/pink tip, whitest shoulders – Australorp? You can see in this pic how much more yellow the bottoms of her feet are getting - the one another BYCer thought may be the Australorp has no yellowing on her feet - all pink (her foot is in the back). Chick #7 is on our left as we look at the picture:

Chick # 8 – The one Ron thought may be the Australorp in my original post, her toes & bottom of feet are pink. She is the biggest of the 3 by far, half pink half black beak, on our right in back as we look at the picture - Black Jersey Giant?:

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

I am trying to figure out this is a roo. I got the rainbow pullet pack from meyer hatchery. I have jersey giant but am not sure this is a hen. My flock is 15 weeks. The giant attempted to crow only one morning. I can't have a roo where I am. Thinking of trying the no crow collar. I love this bird.

Hello, We just starting raising chickens. We have 9 black jersey giants. In one of these posts they were talking about feet color. Our JG's have black and white feet. We got them from Meyer's hatchery. Are they JG's? Also, what is a good age to kill them for meat? At what age do they start laying? Thanks for any info that might be helpful. They are 4 months old right now.

Love all the pictures. We are in the process of trying to find our first Jersey Giants. I currently raise BBS Orpingtons and really want to work with BBS in the Jerseys too. Such lovely birds!

Back
Top Bottom