black mystery pullet with white wing tips

These are not the best pics but I will try to take/post more later. Let me know if these pics help. She is about 2.5 mo. old now.

81546_dscn3769.jpg

In this one above you can see her white wing tips, her size as I hold her and how she does have some reddish feathering on her breast/neck (similar to what my black sex-links have).

81546_dscn3776.jpg

In this one above you can see her white wing tips and you can also see how the black sex links have much more reddish feather toward their breasts/necks than she has.

81546_dscn3927.jpg

In this one above she is in the back right corner behind the white silkie. I thought this one could show her relative size. For comparison sake, Ursula all the way to the left is a black sex-link.

Hi. We have pullets which look exactly the same. Our hen hatched 11 chickens 15 Feb and about 3 have the white tips on their wings. We have black Orpington and Black Australorp so they must be one or other of these or a mix of both. Not too sure. I believe the rooster is Australorp. I am hoping the pullets don't turn out to be roosters.

I bought a black pullet with white wing tips at Rural King today.
I asked for the midnight majesty Maran and pointed to the black chick. It was in a container of other hybrids. After, reading your post I think I have a sex link too. Thanks for this thread!

I bought a black pullet with white wing tips at Rural King today.
I asked for the midnight majesty Maran and pointed to the black chick. It was in a container of other hybrids. After, reading your post I think I have a sex link too. Thanks for this thread!

a lot of black chicks start off with white wing tips. My BJG did. They fall off after the first molt and don't come back.

Back
Top Bottom