Black Orpingtons

Julie, they are stunning! I must say, I'm amazed at how much I like my black hen. People are blown away by her when they see her, minor faults and all. If I continue with the BBS Orpingtons, I would like to eventually get a better quality black hen for Suede.

Quote:
You welcome Julie. I was just blessed to have the chance to get the black from Gayle at Catalpa farms. She is such a big baby. I have three of them that all look really close. The Buff was from Bob Coulter top quality stuff at his place. That pullet in the picture is only 5 months old and still has a ton of filling out to do.

I'm looking forward to getting some eggs from the Catalpa line you have when you can send them.

Quote:
Your the first one to get from those ladys Julie
wink.png

I have a black roo from another line in there right now, but the girls arent laying.

i am in the exact situation as you are in, im 16 and living with parents, and i can never have enough, i run the coop and pay for everything so why should they keep me from buying more, but its true, why do i keep torchering myself with constantly adding chickens...idk obsession! im getting a black orpinton in a couple days and am so happy to see all the ++ reviews!

Can you tell me if this is a good looking orp?
Also how much are black orpington's worth I've seen up to 25$ or more

Can you tell me if this is a good looking orp? .
Also how much are black orpington's worth I've seen up to 25$ or more
Who told you this was an Orpington? IT has a rose comb and I believe they were removed from the SOP years ago. Plus the color is like a BIrchen and not in the SOP. I believe you got a figment of someone else's imagination.

From what I've read after spending sometime online to recon firm it he's a rose comb black Orpington there are pictures online of similar looking blacks. rose comb black orps originating in England although I purchased him and his mate with about five buff orpington's and I was told they were all orpington's
*(ok apparently birches is a pattern(white necks) but normaly don't have that green hue so I'm not sure what he is birchen/ black maybe) his mate is all black so idk anymore lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom