Black Plymouth Rocks...Roo or Hen

BillyDaDad

Chirping
Jun 14, 2020
Okay Ladies and Gentlemen. I'm back. Now two of my Black Plymouth Rocks are starting to act and look like they may be roosters.

Yesterday they started beating on one of my Ameraucana's. Pecked her tail bloody before my son got her out. We separated her for the day and tried to re-introduce her at bed time (no light to see the blood). Four of our birds went after her at once. They attacked her tail and her eyes. We got her out again and kept her separate last night and through the day today.

Anyway, the instigators are starting to look like roosters to me.

What do you think?

Bird 1 has a larger wattle than the others. It also seems to be going darker red.

Bird 2 seems to have the waterfall tail.

I can take better pictures tomorrow if these aren't sufficient.

Attachments

• Bird 1 - 1.jpg
    Bird 1 - 1.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Bird 1 - 2.jpg
    Bird 1 - 2.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 24
  • Bird 1 - 3.jpg
    Bird 1 - 3.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Bird 2.jpg
    Bird 2.jpg
    629.1 KB · Views: 26
Okay Ladies and Gentlemen. I'm back. Now two of my Black Plymouth Rocks are starting to act and look like they may be roosters.

Yesterday they started beating on one of my Ameraucana's. Pecked her tail bloody before my son got her out. We separated her for the day and tried to re-introduce her at bed time (no light to see the blood). Four of our birds went after her at once. They attacked her tail and her eyes. We got her out again and kept her separate last night and through the day today.

What do you think?

Bird 1 has a larger wattle than the others. It also seems to be going darker red.

How old are they

What do you think?

How old are they? Taking pictures of every ones backs, straight down would be great!
Thank you.

And more pics of Bird 2 (Black) ...and introducing Bird 3 (Grey).

I was just noticing on these pictures how much these two seem to look alike in their stance and conformation. Now I'm concerned we may have 3 or 4 more roosters who just haven't started showing as much yet.

Bird 2 - 2 .jpg

Bird 2 - 3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom