Black poop??

p_parker

Hatching
Dec 25, 2022
Hi everyone. I had a hen pass away suddenly today and now my other chickens are pooping dark black. Any idea what could be wrong?
20230907_175833.jpg

Was she also pooping black? I know in humans it tends to be either internal bleeding or dietary related. I certainly wouldn't think all of them have internal bleeding though. And the liquid would probably be red in color too if that were the case. Could also be an illness or perhaps something to do with parasites? What do you feed them? Maybe it's a plant you've been giving them? Or something they got a hold of outside? Definitely see a vet stat!

Hi everyone. I had a hen pass away suddenly today and now my other chickens are pooping dark black. Any idea what could be wrong?View attachment 3630471
Hard to tell, but I have seen poops like that in older hens with reproductive diseases. Were there any symptoms that stood out in this hen? If you still have her body handy, a necropsy could be done at home, or you could take it to your state vet if it is kept cold on ice in a cooler, but not frozen.

Back
Top Bottom