Sudden death after rough week - thoughts appreciated.

erinrstrain

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 25, 2018
NC Mountains
I’ve had a rough few weeks with my girls. 2 weeks ago I had to cull a pullet who tested for worm overload and MS. Another hen who is 5 immediately began a croupy cough and I cleared that up with some TLC. This whole week I’ve had another in the hospital crate with green poop and no appetite. I’ve been tube feeding her. The poops have gotten very very dark green. Her weight has held at 6.4 lbs for the last 3 days. We are heading out of town for 7 days and as I was putting her in the coop, I found a dead pullet. I got her when I got the other pullet at the beginning of this book. I heard her cough once yesterday and thought she’d had the same virus my other coughing one had and that it would clear up. She was heavy, fully feathered and no mites. Would MS make her die so suddenly? I hope I can enjoy my vacation and not worry about my other girl that had to be put back in the coop today.

The only way to know what killed the pullet is to have your state vet perform a necropsy on her body, kept cold until it could be done. Sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom