Black sex link using pullets from the Dominant C Z company!!!!!

Thomas Lamprogiorgos

Songster
6 Years
Oct 19, 2017
Greece
Hello everyone.
I want to create black sex-linked crosses (extended black - group 1) using Dominant Barred D 959 hens.
Here's the link showing the hens: http://dominant-cz.cz/produkt/dominant-zihany-d-959-2/?lang=en

I want to use black roosters mainly (minorca, araucana, jersey giant, australorp) and secondly roosters in other colorations.

1. What is your opinion about this? Is it always possible for the chicks to be color sex-linked?
  2. What will the color of the males be when grown up?
  3. What will the color of the females be when grown up?
  4. Can I use black copper marans roosters and achieve color sex link?
  5. Can I use buff laced polish roosters and achieve color sex link?
  6. Can I use golden laced polish roosters and achieve color sex link?
  7. Can I use golden laced barnevelder roosters and achieve color sex link?
  8. Can I use brown leghorn roosters and achieve color sex link?
  9. Can I use white plymouth rock roosters and achieve color sex link?

Hello everyone.

1. If Crossed with a true E/E or ER/ER rooster this cross is as good as any other black sexlink
  2. If Sire is E/E The rooster will look like the D 959 males
    D959_hybrid_cock.jpg
  3. Like other black sex link hens, black with Gold/golden Leakage on the breast
    standard_sexlink_black-MD.jpg
  4. I strongly advise in favor of using ER/ER(Birchen) or E/E(solid black) lines
  5. No, Buff laced polish have Dominant white and that will turn the chick down all white which will not allow you to sex link by color
  6. Yes, golden laced polish are based on the ER/ER Birchen e allele, allowing you to sex link the chicks
  7. No, I don't recommend it as the D 959 barred hen is hiding Wheaten(she is E/eWh, eWh coming from her R.I.R Sire), and if you cross it to a pure eb/eb line like Barnevelder 50% of the chicks will be eWh/eb, eWh and eWh/eb chicks male chicks will not display the headspot on their chick down, making them unsexable at hatch.
  8. No, for the same reasons posted on #7
  9. No, for the same reasons posted on #7

Last edited:
Some black sex links have silver markings!!! Not golden!!!
Highly unlikely, most (if not all) of the time a R.I.R is used as a Sire over Barred Rock hens to produce Black Sex links, that will make ALL of the pullets gold based and the Males Golden(S/s+)... Unless a Silver based breed is used for example a Columbian Rock, but such cross is usually done by backyard breeders and not the norm

I would like to add that Males of this cross will show alot of Silver when they are young, but the silver feathers will turn a yellow/golden color when they mature

The company dominant c z has two types of black sex link pullets. They are both available in Greece. I had them both!

One of them is black with silver lacings.

Back
Top Bottom