Black sexlink perhaps?

2cute2pass

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 14, 2015

April 2, I purchased 5 black chicks sold as Australorps. However as of last week I noticed that a few of the five were getting a copperish color on the breast area and some on the neck. I noticed that they sold black sex links there and these were looking more like that could be the case, however a couple of them I didn't see any copper on them. All have single comb yellow combs and one has an all black comb. Looking at pictures of Australorp chicks, not what mine looked like. Mine were all black with just a little white fluff underneath. Which has now faded away. This picture was taken tonight. Any thoughts on my assumption? If they are BSL can I be confident that they are in fact all pullets? I have more pictures but having a heck of a time getting them to post. Thank you.

Last edited:
Both of my Black Australorps chicks had black combs and legs so they could be BSL but better pictures would help.

Black bird with copper around the neck and yellow feet is a black sex link. Solid black bird with yellow feet is a Jersey Giant. Solid black bird with white or pink feet is an Australorp.

Thank you all for your thoughts. I did find pictures of Australorp chicks that looked like the ones I purchased. All pretty much look identical except for the copper and of course the one with the black comb and copper. All have the blackish legs and toes. They all are so sweet and want attention, I'm now just hoping they're all pullets. I have 4 SLW that are now 5 weeks old and and for the last week and a half 3 have kind of a slap you in the face red combs and now waddles and the other one is kinda iffy. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom