Black silkie hen threw up small amount of clear liquid

Bryce Thomas

Songster
Mar 21, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
So I was sitting in the coop when my black silkie hen shadow threw up this clear liquid, I very quickly ran over and her crop felt fine and she looked comfortable and everything, the liquid I think was water with some feed in it as I could make out some feed in it as well. I smelled the vomit and it didn't smell like a yeast culture or fermentation so I know its not sour crop. She looks fine and has clear eyes, is alter and actives, no mites or parasites. Yes I checked the clear vomit from worms and it looks like she threw up some water with some feed, should I be worried? She has been broody for the last 2 weeks but is not sitting on any eggs!

Edit: Yes I know ascites and she is just fine, no bloated or panting on the nest, she is a silkie but her skin is not over blue like in many cases, she doesn't seem to have ascites at all

Hi! What ended up happening with your Silkie? I have a white Silkie hen and I noticed her doing this as well! She doesn’t have any other symptoms and I’ve seen her do it before but lately she’s been doing it more often. A few times a day now. I’m starting to worry about her

Hi! What ended up happening with your Silkie? I have a white Silkie hen and I noticed her doing this as well! She doesn’t have any other symptoms and I’ve seen her do it before but lately she’s been doing it more often. A few times a day now. I’m starting to worry about her
oh she is just fine living with me, nothing else happened to her

Back
Top Bottom