EMERGENCT PLEASE HELP hen throwing up brown liquid, what do I do

Beloved Turkey

Chirping
Apr 3, 2023
My hen is throwing up brown liquid and sounds like she’s full of water, she has a little bit of blood on the feathers below her vent but I don’t know if that is related I suspect sour crop, she pooped a little bit but it’s liquid, should I give her food and water, and how can I treat her

We need more details, please.
Age?
Diet?
What does the crop feel like?
Is she being pecked on her rear?
I don’t know her age because she’s a rescue, but I know she’s old and hasn’t been laying, diet is country companion hi pro egg layer, with some cob once a day so they hache something to scratch at, vegetable scraps, and meal worms as a treat. She has an open water bowl that is cleaned at least once a day but more if it’s too dirty, she is not being pecked on the rear because she’s one of the top ranks in the pecking order, and her crop feels squishy but also kind of like there might be something in it. And she does free range in our backyard

Last edited:
Her eyes look clear, she can stand and she’s a little lazy of a chicken in general, but she doesn’t seem completely lethargic as she still struggles when I try to check her out

This is what I have on hand will any of this help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    478.5 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom