Black silkies

Here is a black girl, struck an amazing pose the other day JUST when my camera was pointed at her, charged, room on the card, and light enough outside, no one in front of her, contrasty background. She doesn't always look this good, just the other day.

8084_blacksilkiehenpose.jpg

These are a few months old but I never posted them on this thread...This was right after I gave my roo a bath and about a week after he started his moult...

Crix-Pro2.jpg

Crix-Pro3.jpg

Crix-Pro4.jpg

Crix-Pro5.jpg

Crix-Pro6.jpg

All of my Silkies are finally molting! Sadly, someone took a chomp out of said rooster and I don't think those feathers will be growing back for a while.
hmm.png
Oh well.

Jen5680 you can send that box to Gordon Hill in Chesterville Maine
gig.gif

PolishPrincess That is a very handsome Roo

I have question for those working with blacks . I have some nice dark Blue chicks - that came from pure black to white breeding -- I beleive the breeder was trying to get paints --she had a lovely rich Black roo over white hens. They didn't turn out to be what she wanted so I bought them - I was hopeing they would carrie the nice type of their mothers and that rich black ( green blue sheen ) of their father genes in them . If they turn out to be hens I'd like to breed them to my pure black Roo . How many generations till I have pure Black will it take ? Thanks ~~~ Tammy

Anyone breed black to white? I know several top breeders who do this. I've heard, whites blacks and paints all come from this. Anyone have experience? Thanks

Quote:
I've done it to confirm my white males are recessive and not dominate white.

Paints come from dominate white which is very rare in Silkies. Its taken an out crossing to a dom white bird to get paints. The issue with dom white males is that they have a champagne off color on their white feathers.

Back
Top Bottom