Black soldier fly larvae for 7 week old chicks

corthendo

Chirping
May 22, 2023
I bought a starter pack from Eaton Pet and Pasture, it came with black soldier fly larvae. I want to give them to my 7 week old chicks because I’m trying to make them love me lol. They are pretty skittish, I get that treats should only make up 10% of their diet but I’m not really able to guess how much 10% is since they just have chick starter they have access to all day. I was wondering how often and how many are okay? I tried strawberry tops a few days ago and they wanted nothing to do with them.

I bought a starter pack from Eaton Pet and Pasture, it came with black soldier fly larvae. I want to give them to my 7 week old chicks because I’m trying to make them love me lol. They are pretty skittish, I get that treats should only make up 10% of their diet but I’m not really able to guess how much 10% is since they just have chick starter they have access to all day. I was wondering how often and how many are okay? I tried strawberry tops a few days ago and they wanted nothing to do with them.

Haha.

You don't need to make them love you. Just spend time with them, be in their vicinity. They will love you pretty soon.
Then what happens is you want them to stop loving you quite so much coz they come running and squawk at you every time they see you 😛
Whatever you have is the treat. Not because of what it is. But because you have it. Chick crumble in your hand or that you sprinkled on the ground is way better than the chick crumble in the feeder you know. 😉

Anything food will do to get them to love you. Well... at least see you as "the bringer of yummies". Grated carrots with ground up stining nettles, a piece of apple or other fruit or veggies. Once you have a brave one that realizes you won't hurt him then the rest will follow. I had some chicks they got so excited that they started jumping at me because they wanted yummies.

Anything food will do to get them to love you. Well... at least see you as "the bringer of yummies". Grated carrots with ground up stining nettles, a piece of apple or other fruit or veggies. Once you have a brave one that realizes you won't hurt him then the rest will follow. I had some chicks they got so excited that they started jumping at me because they wanted yummies.
Ive tried strawberry tops, snap peas and broccoli lol. They haven’t wanted any of them 😂

Back
Top Bottom