Black spots in egg?

Pics
Well my fingers are crossed. It seems to have hard time standing. His feet go out kinda sometimes walks and close together. Keeping in the incubator lowered temp to 97. Giving sugar water . I'll move tonight I need another light I can't put it with other ducks right now. I don't think it Welsh harliquin ill message who I got it from try to find out what he is.

Attachments

• 20180712_053205.jpg
    20180712_053205.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 11
Kinda looks like. Muscovy duckling if so it wasn't ready for lockdown. This would all make perfect sense. Is there anything I can do to help. It's leg they see. To. Really go out sometimes.. Was trying to post muscovy but I'm. Sure one of you know what they look like.

Thanks just did it. I would never have been able to do this on my own.. I would have forsure killed it. You can read all the articles but without pictures I was lost. You saved the duck or it has a chance now I learned alot!!
I'm assuming he needs to stay in the incubator for awhile until. He perks up. Dropped temp a little tomorrow if still Laying around would electrolytes be good for him? It's definitely a boy if the beak with welsh harliquin is correct. Which it will be the boy I'm. Keeping after this.
What birds do you do?

It can be a stressful experience, and you did a fine job. Slow and cautious. I was happy to be a small part of it, you did the hard part! :)

Well my fingers are crossed. It seems to have hard time standing. His feet go out kinda sometimes walks and close together. Keeping in the incubator lowered temp to 97. Giving sugar water . I'll move tonight I need another light I can't put it with other ducks right now. I don't think it Welsh harliquin ill message who I got it from try to find out what he is.

So cute! Long stressful hatches do sometimes take a while to get their legs under them so hopefully he just needs a little time to recover.

Ooooh, possible Muscovy?? That could explain the delay. That’s something good for me to remember when helping others that are delayed, make sure it’s not possibly a Muscovy egg! :oops:
But still, it looks like he will be ok.

Vitamins and electrolytes are fine, and I love using Nutridrench. Quick vitamin boost, it gets into their bloodstream almost immediately.

You can leave in the incubator for a bit, until you feel it’s well enough to get around good in the brooder. Safer there than where others can be too rough on him.

You asked about my birds? I started with black Swedish ducks, but have since switched to Call ducks and lots of bantam chickens. I still have 2 Swedish drakes, and hatched quite a few before I got rid of those girls. Call ducks are perfect for me, as I prefer how tiny they are. They often need assistance hatching because of their shorter bills and shorter necks, they can have trouble zipping on their own. Among the chickens I keep are seramas that also need help sometimes. So assisting has become quite regular for me! I do have breeds that rarely require assistance too, so those are always nice to hatch too. My broody girls have taken over this year, my incubators have been off for a couple of months. I have way too many chickens right now and more hatching every day! Lol

You asked about my birds? I started with black Swedish ducks, but have since switched to Call ducks and lots of bantam chickens. I still have 2 Swedish drakes, and hatched quite a few before I got rid of those girls. Call ducks are perfect for me, as I prefer how tiny they are. They often need assistance hatching because of their shorter bills and shorter necks, they can have trouble zipping on their own. Among the chickens I keep are seramas that also need help sometimes. So assisting has become quite regular for me! I do have breeds that rarely require assistance too, so those are always nice to hatch too. My broody girls have taken over this year, my incubators have been off for a couple of months. I have way too many chickens right now and more hatching every day! Lol
That would explain why you know so much. Call ducks are very cute I did read alot they are harder to hatch.
I will get the thing you mentioned. I read on another post but couldn't find it. It was same thing. I'm going to make something for his his legs sometimes they are fine and sometimes they go out at hips looks painful. I messaged who I got it from And asked if they have muscovy.
No I would have killed this duck without you. You have no idea how much I appreciate everything!! I was so freaked out yesterday. One wrong thing I would have killed it. I had to make my daughter's leave the room when working on it with there 800 questions. Lol they are 3 and 4. They just wanted me to rip it out like a hatchmal lol

After a long rough hatch, their legs can take bit to get going so I usually give those a day or two to see how they progress, but do what you think is necessary. Sometimes it’s obvious right away that they need something done.

Tractor supply and those places usually sell Nutridrench. Small bottle with a black medicine dropper included. Like 5 bucks, the small bottle lasts forever.
I wipe my finger on the dropper, then transfer to the beak, a good wipe or two, followed with clear water. I do it a couple times, several hours apart, and that’s usually all it takes.

I have a 4 year old granddaughter, so I can only imagine having her in a room trying to assist a duckling! :gig non-stop questions! :D

After a long rough hatch, their legs can take bit to get going so I usually give those a day or two to see how they progress, but do what you think is necessary. Sometimes it’s obvious right away that they need something done.

Tractor supply and those places usually sell Nutridrench. Small bottle with a black medicine dropper included. Like 5 bucks, the small bottle lasts forever.
I wipe my finger on the dropper, then transfer to the beak, a good wipe or two, followed with clear water. I do it a couple times, several hours apart, and that’s usually all it takes.

I have a 4 year old granddaughter, so I can only imagine having her in a room trying to assist a duckling! :gig non-stop questions! :D
OK I will go get that and do it that way. It's never ending questions and when your shaking it's not a good mix lol they were antsy all My attention was on the duck.

Back
Top Bottom