It's just so bright yellow and red here:
upload_2018-7-12_8-25-37.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-12_8-25-4.png
    upload_2018-7-12_8-25-4.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
It's just so bright yellow and red here:
View attachment 1465517

I totally missed that on my phone! :oops: I was looking at the strings attached, and the navel itself. Hopefully she can tell us more about that. How much it was, and if it was really as bright as the pic shows.

That was few hors before when I cut it it was not like that. I kept looking at the egg this morning and it was not like that not even close. Me judging the egg this morning didn't seem to different then other besides you could tell with the viens it wasn't ready. There was some yellow but looked dry? It was in air cell though. He told me if it don't have bumps on its beak it's a mule. So maybe with he two breeds it wasn't going to take as long as muscovy we were on day 30.

Muscovy's are awesome ducks and mules too. They make great pets.
Congrats on your great hatch!!
I read they are great pets and very friendly a few months ago. It's moving around alot. I'm dipping beak in the water. Trying to get it to eat that it doesn't seem to want to do. But seems pretty active wobbly and legs seem off. It's chirping up a storm

Could be spraddle leg do you know how to make a hobble? here is info
https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/poultry-podiatry

I wouldn't move it yet if the belly isn't completely dry. don't want to risk infection.

It may not want to eat for a while if you can get the PND that would really help the lil one. Or set it up it's own little space inside the brooder where it can be kept clean but still be with the others. One of those plastic bins would work soft bedding like towels maybe? @WVduckchick could tell you more since my ducklings are usually with their moms instead of in a brooder.

I take them out of the incubator when they are moving around well on their own. Basically when I feel comfortable that they can move closer or away from the warmth, depending on how they feel.
If the navel is a little open, it usually doesn't take long for those to finish closing, so whenever you feel comfortable with that, the duckling should be ok.

And on mules... I'm pretty sure I read that incubation time depends on which breed was which parent. I think the incubation time goes by whether the hen is duck or Muscovy. I think. lol

Could be spraddle leg do you know how to make a hobble? here is info
https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/poultry-podiatry

I wouldn't move it yet if the belly isn't completely dry. don't want to risk infection.

It may not want to eat for a while if you can get the PND that would really help the lil one. Or set it up it's own little space inside the brooder where it can be kept clean but still be with the others. One of those plastic bins would work soft bedding like towels maybe? @WVduckchick could tell you more since my ducklings are usually with their moms instead of in a brooder.
Whats pnd? Sounds like good idea I'll stick plastic bin in what I have them In its big enough for little bit. That was good article thanks!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom