Black spots on combs; frostbite, fowl pox or are they pecking each other

It's hard to know what is wrong with them when you're inexperienced.

Thank you for the kind words!
I’ve been chicken keeping for years and I still don’t know everything . I’m incubating 3 bantam eggs that the broody mom ( after day 10 ish) decided to go non- broody. Hence, incubation time... I’m a wreck. I’m on here every minute. I hope my bantams hatch. Incubating is hard. This is the first year I’ve had broody hens. I guess they are learning how to be moms also?! Lol! Happy to meet you.

I’ve been chicken keeping for years and I still don’t know everything . I’m incubating 3 bantam eggs that the broody mom ( after day 10 ish) decided to go non- broody. Hence, incubation time... I’m a wreck. I’m on here every minute. I hope my bantams hatch. Incubating is hard. This is the first year I’ve had broody hens. I guess they are learning how to be moms also?! Lol! Happy to meet you.
Bless your heart. I bet you know a bunch about your girls. That is so awesome, I'm not brave enough to incubate yet. I love my bantam but she is a handful and beautiful. I'm not sure if it is the breed or not but Harper is either extra bossy or just so involved with them in concern she has to be in the middle of everything. I've also noticed she doesn't cluck like the others. She coos or whines.

They are learning too. They will get there eventually, just like us. I really hope all goes well with your eggs. It is so exciting to have new chicks. Make sure to post when they hatch.

I am very happy to meet you too. Chicken moms are the best!

Bless your heart. I bet you know a bunch about your girls. That is so awesome, I'm not brave enough to incubate yet. I love my bantam but she is a handful and beautiful. I'm not sure if it is the breed or not but Harper is either extra bossy or just so involved with them in concern she has to be in the middle of everything. I've also noticed she doesn't cluck like the others. She coos or whines.

They are learning too. They will get there eventually, just like us. I really hope all goes well with your eggs. It is so exciting to have new chicks. Make sure to post when they hatch.

I am very happy to meet you too. Chicken moms are the best!
I have 19 hens ( regular sized Rhodes islands, amaurcaunas ( spelling) , and Easter eggers) and 2 bantam roosters. With 3 in my incubator. My girl bantams are shy. The bantam roosters are very territorial and have each their own that follow them around in little groups. The bantam roosters can and will mate and fertilize the big hens!!?? ( I’ve dropped many eggs and know the bullseye mark)
They are so great! All different personalities.
you can ask around the forum about the cops and whines. I’veread ( not here) that it means they are lonely or in need of a mate. But that is prob inaccurate.

Back
Top Bottom