Black spots on eyes,ears and comb

izza

In the Brooder
Sep 11, 2022
Hi

Does anyone know what is happening to my chicken.?

IMG-20231210-WA0010.jpg

this, or other chicken attacking them. Easy to see if they were fighting for status. If the smaller scars grow like nodules is pox, if they reduce and heal after a day is fighting

Keep them warm and isolated for a month, clean the scars, and keep the eyes hydrated if needed, and watch for secondary infections that must be treated with antibiotics. Don't try to remove the scars before they fall alone and avoid this infectious tissue near other chicken

Last edited:
Do you see any lesions or yellow canker stuff in its mouth or inside of its beak? It appears it could be wet pox, but their mouth can be the tell-tale sign of it.

What is your location? Do you have mosquitoes now? It lloks like some fowl pox scabs on her wattles, but the other areas look like she was pecked and beaten up. It is possible that she has scratched her ear and face and started it bleeding, but I’m not sure what all is happening.

What is your location? Do you have mosquitoes now? It lloks like some fowl pox scabs on her wattles, but the other areas look like she was pecked and beaten up. It is possible that she has scratched her ear and face and started it bleeding, but I’m not sure what all is happening.
I am Houston ,Texas

Have you seen any fowl pox scabs in your other birds? Pox is a virus that lasts about a month. Most chickens get over it without any treatment. Normally, I wouldn’t bother the scabs, but her eye looks swollen and bloody, so I would clean that off. If you have any Terramycin or Neosporin ointment, put a little dab in the eye twice a day.

Back
Top Bottom