Black To White Experiment

Pics
Your experiment is quite interesting! I have a Buff Orp roo who's wings and tail are like the Sebright you showed and have wondered what caused it.
IMG_1047.JPG

Yeah, I remember feather site having like 4 year olds documented... gonna be a hot minute gotta find the page if it even exists anymore.
The first hen(Black EE) turned two, when she started changing color. She's going on 3 this year.

Your experiment is quite interesting! I have a Buff Orp roo who's wings and tail are like the Sebright you showed and have wondered what caused it.View attachment 3398638
I was told once that it can be normal for Buff Orpingtons to get, or have white in their plumage.

Last edited:
You don't have to have a property adjacent to a crop field or any sort of lawn that's sprayed with a pesticide or fertilizer in order for it to contaminate your soil or water. If that was the case, then we wouldn't be finding chemicals and fertilizers from farming all the way out in the Gulf of Mexico. This is the sort of thing I studied in college as an ecology major. Not a lot of people seem to understand how easily environmental contaminants can be spread, not just by water but on the wind and by movement of animals and people. Seriously, what other explanation do you have for completely unrelated birds losing pigment randomly in your flock? You can't seriously believe it's a genetic mutation that just happens to be occurring in totally unrelated birds all at the same time?
Where would one go and get their soil and water tested?
How do you go about ruling out pesticides etc...?

Back
Top Bottom