Blackberries Everywhere... Help!!!!!!!

I have a great idea!!!!!

Send them to me!!!! LOL
tongue2.gif

Thanks for all the ideas folks... My parents made our first ever batch of jelly last night, while I was Porcessing turkeys with Schultz (Rob and Kathleen).. I havent gotten to try it but it looked amazing... Today ill be heading back out to get another few gallons.. I think im gonna freeze some on the cookie sheet (love that idea) , make up some blacknerrie pies and freeze them whole, and defintly make more.. I really love Preserves but I am having a hard time fonding how to do them..

i cook about a quart down with about a cup of sugar for at least 1/2 hr then make blackberrie upside down cake with it family loves it

I usually don't have more than enough for one batch of jelly and i just use the recipe that comes in the package of pectin
tongue.png

I went to a friend's house at Christmas a couple of years ago and she'd made blackberry wine from her berries
droolin.gif
i'll have to ask her how she did it; it was divine!!!!

I make Jam and syrup from ours. ( the syrup is the jam that didn't set, I don't tell the kids that. I just say its for pancakes.)

I also freeze mine flat and bag them to make cobblers and muffins for the rest of the year.

I tried making smoothies out of them. It was a sweet, blackberry smoothie that felt like it was full of sand. It did not go over well.

Back
Top Bottom