Blackberry Rhubarb Jam?

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
has anyone else made this before? If so, I would LOVE to know how yours turned out.

I was given a bunch of Rhubarb by a friend and after trying to figure out what to do with it I decided I would just pick some more Blackberries and make blackberry rhubarb jam... I mean, they have strawberry rhubarb pie, right? so why not blackberry rhubarb jam?

I chopped everything down good in the food processor and mixed it together to cook the rhubarb down some more. I ended up guesstimating on the amount of sugar and used 8 cups(to 7c fruit), I probably should have used more but I don't like sugary jam so i didn't want to over do it.

I will taste it again after it seals and is in the jar for a week or so but after i finished getting it all jarred i tasted the extra and it was pretty good.... first taste was mostly blackberry with a little bit of rhubarb kick... second taste was almost all kick! lol. It's got the sweetness of the blackberries but quite a bit of the tanginess from the rhubarb. It's actually pretty good if you're not into really sugary jams.

If anyone else has made this I would love to know how yours turned out. my friend has to harvest more rhubarb but i am not sure i want to go this same route again.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom