Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Niklas

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Alex

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
TJ at 3 Months
IMG_20180901_111329.jpg

I like this bird. Long, level back, nice set to tail. Should the back be perfectly level on the back of a cock? No. But there are so many short backed, too steeply inclined backs in Sussex cocks today...and in the females....I think this boy is a nice complementary breeding partner for them. Nice station medium comb and esp. wattles. Too many Sussex running around with extra long wattles. I am seeing nice horizontal wings to the ground, showing nice strong pectoral muscles ( another need in the breed, too many Serama seeming wingsets in Sussex) . There's indication of nicely built breast too. I see nothing disqualifying in his color. I believe it is too early and unnecessary to consider it at this age.
Best,
Karen

Last edited:
Is there any Overton strain blood behind TJ? Sharpe ( the creator of the Light Sussex) says he likes to see cockerels a bit high on the leg. He writes that those birds settle their carcasses down nicely on their legs when they get older.

Last edited:
I like this bird. Long, level back, nice set to tail. Should the back be perfectly level on the back of a cock? No. But there are so many short backed, too steeply inclined backs in Sussex cocks today...and in the females....I think this boy is a nice complementary breeding partner for them. Nice station medium comb and esp. wattles. Too many Sussex running around with extra long wattles. I am seeing nice horizontal wings to the ground, showing nice strong pectoral muscles ( another need in the breed, too many Serama seeming wingsets in Sussex) . There's indication of nicely built breast too. I see nothing disqualifying in his color. I believe it is too early and unnecessary to consider it at this age.
Best,
Karen
His back actually isn't as strait as it looks, it has a slight bow to it...ever so much though. I just couldn't get a good picture of him
Is there any Overton strain blood behind TJ?
Possibly, but I'm not 100% sure

Hi feathers are nicely proportioned tho. No bird is perfect. Not too much of any feathering anywhere. I can't wait to see him as a cock. Notice too TJ doesn't have one of those huge tails. It's nice to see that. Sussex male tails should not be the length of a Leghorns.

Back
Top Bottom