Blackhead sticky or commonly referred to Blackhead thread

kuntrygirl

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
11 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Opelousas, Louisiana
Hey everyone. I have been noticing an increase in the amount of new posts about blackhead. We have so many threads in the Turkey Forum that gives information on blackhead and it is so hard to try to direct the Original Posters to all of the threads (300+) and/or type the same information over and over and over again. I was wondering if anyone would like to volunteer to gather and type as much information as possible about blackhead and create a thread that includes some and not limited to the following questions: With this thread, we can refer all future questions to this thread. I know that there will always be other questions about black, but at least the basic questions can be addressed in the new Blackhead Thread.

1. Can turkeys and chickens live together?
2. What is blackhead?
3. What are the symptoms of blackhead?
4. What meds can I give my birds who have blackhead?
5. Do I need to cull my entire flock?
6. Where can I get information on blackhead in my area?

I'm sure that there are many other questions out there. I just listed a few as examples.

I do not know enough about blackhead to gather info together or else I would do it. I'm not experienced enough to provide the valuable information that many of you have provided to others on this thread. I know that all of the useful information that so many of you have posted about blackhead has surely helped out those that had questions. I just know that you all have to keep typing the same information over and over every week it seems like.
hmm.png

What do you all think? Just a thought.............

ETA: It could be a Question and Answer type thread with as many questions posted as possible in numerical order.

Last edited:
well...

1st raising turkey and chickens together...no!!!...the blackhead is in the chickens manure will not affect the turkey immedatle but will slowly waste the turkey's immune down you will start to see the turkey not eatting or drinking and will lay around more...a unbalance turkey is a sick turkey...always been said thru the yrs. of old farmer's to tell when a turkey is sick..i have raised turkeys 30 yrs i never place them together and i have yet to get black head..and yes i have over 200 chickens living on the same property...

Back
Top Bottom