Blank space before posts?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Dipsy Doodle Doo, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Don't see it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. See it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Can't see, so it's not an issue.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. EDIT: In the poll, it should read BLANK SPACE, not BLACK SPACE

Hi! What's up with the 2" of blank space all of a sudden?
    Lisa

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Everything looks the same to me. Try logging out, closing your browser, erasing your internet cache, rebooting your PC, etc.

3. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Where?

at the bottom of everyone's post, that's cuz the Profile/author whatever area is larger now (the are with the username to the left), if its at the top it might be a log in issue as there are ads if you don't log in- (maybe your browser caught the add on accident after you logged in)

4. This

space

is

empty

all

of

a

sudden.
    Hi! Did all that (closing your browser, erasing your internet cache, rebooting your PC, etc.) EXCEPT for logging out.
    Things look the same and frankly, it isn't worth logging out and having to get a new password right this minute (I don't have a real password for byc, just that jibberish password and I'd have to ask for a new one).
    Might my not 'logging out' be the reason only part of the messages I respond to, actually 'show' that I've responded to them?
    Lisa

5. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Quote:well if it was the bottom I had if figured out but at the top, no clue...

mine are all empty the bottom 2 inches or so, but its always the same size as the user handle area to the left.

Good luck

6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

I think we'll need a screenshot.

The new awards text and image will add a tiny bit more blank space in a post if the post only has a couple lines of text, but it definitely isn't two inches.

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Lisa, I see it here at home and not at work. Must be screen size or something simple.

8. I was wrong, on my screen it is 3 1/2" of blank space ---

[​IMG]

On everybodys posts, the text/message part of the post doesn't start until below "View My BYC Page"
    Maybe it was like that all along?
    [​IMG]
    Lisa
    (now I know how to take a screenshot)

9. ... and it is the same in my pm box. I opened a message and had to scroll down to see there was a message there.
    [​IMG]

10. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Dipsy, have you tried in another browser? say fire for or chrome? IE (looks like you have 6 or 7 maybe 8) is just not an internet browser meant for the web.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by