Blankie in the brooder.

34Fam

Chirping
Feb 10, 2018
Seabrook Sc.
Has anyone ever tried a blankie in their brooder? We made a mini perch for the baby chicks to play on for our 5 day old chicks. I found an old flannel swaddle baby blankie and put it on top of the perch (originally thinking they would like to sleep under the little fort at night like a mommy hen). Instead of sleeping under the blankie fort, they all LOVE to sleep on top of it. I remove it in the morning and put it back in there at night time. So tonight, all 9 of the girls could hardly wait to get on the blankie and then several of them started rubbing around on their belly like they were dust bathing or something. One of the little chicks even sleeps on her side with her legs stretched out.... All of them love this little blankie. Any thoughts on what they are doing wiggling around on their bellies on the blankie?

Yup! I gave mine a fuzzy cat pod to transition them to sleeping in the coop. It was a huge success!
P1010038.JPG

I took an old fleece blanket we had and everyday I cut a section out of it and sew the raw edges. Then I place it in their cage. They love sleeping on it. The next morning, I throw it away since they poop on it and replace it with a new one. They get excited when the new one goes in their cage.

Back
Top Bottom