Bleach for Coccidiosis? It can't be, can it?

I'm flabbergasted! Someone on FB was asking about Corid. Apparently the local TSC was out. Someone suggested a mixture of several ounces of bleach and sugar in a gallon of water. Even if it worked for someone else as a home remedy, I would be terrified of getting the mixture off and killing my birds. Can anyone verify that this is an actual treatment? Even if it is, I would NEVER use it. It sounds EXTREMELY dangerous to me.
FB is full of nutters.

I get that. But I know a bunch of old time chicken farmers whose practices I would never copy.
lol Well, I have to say I have not copied that one myself. I try to pick and choose using my own intelligence and common sense like I do everything. There are few things I hear or see from them I will probably never do. In the same fashion I read things here from people that I know are very experienced with chickens that feel their way is the only way when that is not always true either.

I know several people that put like a capful (off a gallon bleach jug) of bleach per gallon of drinking water for a wormer.

I am not saying to do it or not. I do not know. I just know chicken owners that do and swear by it. These people have been raising chickens for many years.

I do not know.
1 cap of bleach 1/4 cup sugar per gallon of water. I treat my flock once a month and I haven't lost any of my birds since I started this. I saw someone on here say 3 ounces of bleach per gallon, but that's way to much.

Back
Top Bottom