Bleeding vent

Lucky6622

Hatching
Mar 23, 2023
Hello,
my chicken is bleeding and oozing white discharge from her vent or butt. She is also moving slower than normal And just standing around. Does anyone know what this is and how she can be helped?
F5EFDC9D-E9DF-4574-9AB0-5519D9B0C70A.jpeg
66E6CC3E-1F56-4F52-AE23-9EB90396674C.jpeg

Hello,
my chicken is bleeding and oozing white discharge from her vent or butt. She is also moving slower than normal And just standing around. Does anyone know what this is and how she can be helped?
F5EFDC9D-E9DF-4574-9AB0-5519D9B0C70A.jpeg

Welcome to BYC. Is a vet an option?

Those might be her guts. If I'm right, the only thing you can really do is put her out of her misery at this point.
That is a discharge, not guts; no need to euthanize.

That is a discharge, not guts; no need to euthanize.
I've had a chick in the past with the same problem, it hatched too soon and it had its vent pecked at by its friends. Sometimes, especially with birds meant to breed and not survive for so long, this can easily happen. I can't see the picture that clearly, but it appears to be part of the intestine hanging out, that is my concern.

I've had a chick in the past with the same problem, it hatched too soon and it had its vent pecked at by its friends. Sometimes, especially with birds meant to breed and not survive for so long, this can easily happen. I can't see the picture that clearly, but it appears to be part of the intestine hanging out, that is my concern.
I have a large monitor, and it's fluids, not intestines.

Back
Top Bottom