Blessing by a priest, should I take the easy way out?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Oct 19, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    NO FIGHTING PLEASE!

I made my dad, a cradle catholic, a rosary for his 89th birthday coming up on November 1st.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wanted to make it for him last father's day but life got in the way. Before I can send it to my dad it needs to be blessed by a priest. Our local catholic church is almost entirely hispanic. I called and asked about having it blessed and the lady told me that since the priest travels from another parish to conduct mass here I could only get it blessed at the early Sunday mass. That's would be difficult for me, for several reasons.

Just now I remembered that DH has some friends that attend mass at this church. I want to give it to them to have blessed for me.

Am I taking the easy way out? [​IMG]

2. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    No, you're taking the logical way to accomplish something you wish to have done.[​IMG]

3. kellieg1

kellieg1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    Marthasville
    Quote:X2

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Nah..as long as its blessed, thats all that matters. He'll LOVE it! [​IMG]

5. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    A blessing is a blessing, doesnt matter who takes it to the church.

6. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    I think it is a lovely rosary. I don't think you are taking the easy way out. If it is impractical for you to take it there to be blessed yourself, then I don't see what is wrong with having a trusted friend do it.

BTW what does cradle catholic mean?

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:2x and I think it is beautiful! What color is it? Jade?

8. airmechreed

airmechreed Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    I am just courious as to why you would ask the question if you are taking the easy way out? Do you think you are taking the easy way out? I think it is your decision. Get done however you can. But think about what you asked, and why you asked it.

9. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    The fact that you asked the question leads me to think that you might have some misgivings about having someone else do it. Do you think you'd be taking the easy way out? And maybe the most important question to ask is: Will it make a difference to your father? If it would be a big deal to him that you went to extra trouble to take it yourself, then I'd say do it. If it wouldn't matter to him - then don't do it.

Whatever you decide, it's a lovely and meaningful gift, and he will be touched by it. You are fortunate to have your father in your life.

10. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Cradle catholic means he has been a catholic since the day he was born.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by