Blind baby chick

Is he pooping?
What's that like?

Don't push on the crop when you give food or water, this will make the food/water come back up, chickens do not have a gag reflex.
He is pooping a few times a day. Sometimes it's more white with a little bit of brown but sometimes it's a good amount of brown. It's always a little watery

So this morning I went to check on him and he was alive but weaker than normal. I got him out and he wouldn't drink water on his own from the spoon like normal so I had to use an eye dropper. I also got some food into him. I set him on the ground and after a minute he spit up some water stuff without me messing with his crop. He's not peeping or walking to me like normal. Is there anything else I can try for him?

So this morning I went to check on him and he was alive but weaker than normal. I got him out and he wouldn't drink water on his own from the spoon like normal so I had to use an eye dropper. I also got some food into him. I set him on the ground and after a minute he spit up some water stuff without me messing with his crop. He's not peeping or walking to me like normal. Is there anything else I can try for him?
Yes, you can keep it warm and snuggled up on your bare skin under your shirt so it will be able to feel your body heat and heart beat. This will provide comfort and not feeling lost and alone on its way out of its short life.

Sometimes they just won't make it in spite all our best efforts.:hugs

So I've been holding him at my chest for around 2 hours. Around 15 minutes ago I put him in his cage to feed my bearded dragon. When I came back he was limp and I thought he was dead. Then I saw him blink a little and move his mouth. He's been like this since I got him back out. I did get a strong reaction out of him because i accidentally touched his eye. He kicked at me and chirped. But hes just limp again after. At this point is it better to just put him out of his misery? If so how can I go about that humanely?

If I do something that bothers him I can get a reaction like a chirp or a movement but he's mostly limp. I think I'm gonna let him go on his own simply because it would eat me up inside worrying that there was something more I could've done or that he would've made it if I put him down.

Back
Top Bottom