Blind goslings

Squishychicken

Songster
Oct 13, 2017
North carolina
Went to a local feed store yesterday to pick out some goslings. I saw 2 that looked weird and upon closer inspection they were blind. Tucker-has a slit but no eye the other eye is a slit and you can see a slightly formed eye but I dont think he can see well. Wanna-be has 2 slits and partially formed eyes dont thunk she can see well if not all.

The goslings do fine they eat and drink on their own well. Nothing else concerns me i have been giving yolk, and honey mixture by syringe every so often for a boost they have nutri drench in their water.got another gosling to be their "guide goose". I have had a blind chick before but sadly she passed away a couple days after hatch

There small slits today were slightly watery I dont know of that's okay or bad just checking but I think there fine over have also been giving terramycin by eye twice a day their slits improved a little. But the eyes are deformed or not there I dont think theres a hope for full eye sight. Any suggestion for watery eyes are welcome.

Back
Top Bottom