Blisters in Does ears?

So I just got back from the vet. He did a scraping on her ears and didn't see any mites. He also said that it could still be mites even though he didn't see any on the slide. He didn't think that it was a selenium/copper deficiency. He gave her a shot for the mites and sent me home with a antibiotic/anti inflamatory cream to put on her ears for two weeks every 12 hours. He also said that I could/should give her some Vit A because the lack of can also cause skin issues. So here's to hoping he's right
fl.gif

This will be the second time that we've bought something from the feed store that has had a bad effect on my animals skin. The first time we had issues was when we had to buy some mange meds for one of our guinea pigs and it ended up killing her. Needless to say that the guy who recommend the product got fired for telling us to use the wrong med on the wrong animal. I've learned my lesson now.

Hope it clears up quickly!

Yeah...while I love my feed store owners...um...I am typically the one giving THEM advice on what to stock and how to sell it to people
tongue.png

I really don't thing the MTG did this to your goaties ears though. It is a great product, many people use it on goats for fungal infections, etc, with no ill effects.

Back
Top Bottom