Bloated chicken / lethargic

Bondchicks

Hatching
6 Years
Oct 27, 2013
Hi there, I am a newbie to chicken keeping,c(6 Monthes!!) I currently have five chicken. Two of them have suddenly become quite bloated , and seem under the weather, one not too bad the other more so, they have dirty rear ends and seem lethargic and gave spent the day hiding in bushes although pecking about a bit!!! Any idea what it is or what I can do - they are all around a year old.

going through same thing with my 6 month olds treating with corid get some as soon as possible. Mine started crashing very fast after symptoms. but I am new like you im sure others will have more info.

Last edited:
Hi there, I am a newbie to chicken keeping,c(6 Monthes!!) I currently have five chicken. Two of them have suddenly become quite bloated , and seem under the weather, one not too bad the other more so, they have dirty rear ends and seem lethargic and gave spent the day hiding in bushes although pecking about a bit!!! Any idea what it is or what I can do - they are all around a year old.
By bloated, do you mean they are sitting puffed up? Coccidiosis causes puffing up, lethargy, diarrhea (occasionally with blood,) ruffled feathers, and poor appetite. If they fit these symptoms, I would treat with Corid (amprollium) 2 teaspoonsful of liquid (or 1 tsp of the powder) for 5-7 days. They may also need to be wormed with Safeguard or Valbazen. Check their vent areas for lice and mite eggs.

Back
Top Bottom