Bloated or water belly

Can you post a pic of her and also poop pics? How long has this been going on?

she has watery poop and it’s been going on for 3 days

Attachments

• 2B8F4914-E014-4863-9C18-93C60806242F.jpeg
    2B8F4914-E014-4863-9C18-93C60806242F.jpeg
    541.4 KB · Views: 9
Could be a blockage, have you seen your duckling eating shavings? is a vet an option? Not sure if there is anything that you can give her to get something moving if there is a blockage but going that long with out eating and rock hard tummy means something serious is going on.

@Isaac 0

Sorry to hear she's feeling unwell.

Could you post a few pictures of her poop? Could you post a video of her moving around? Can you feel her crop area, how does it feel?

A hard abdominal area, lethargy, lack of eating, and watery stools are all signs that would point towards some sort of blockage in her digestive tract. This can happen sometimes when the bird eats too much fibrous material, like hay, wood chips, sand, towels, etc. If left untreated the bird will starve to death, so it's important you take quick action now. If you have a vet in your area, I would highly suggest bringing her there where she can get proper attention.

If you can't take her to a vet, I can suggest a very basic treatment for an impaction on the digestive tract, but by no means is it preferred method of treatment.

At this point are main goal, as you might have guessed, is to clear the blockage. Now there are several products you can use do this, ( Metamucil (psyllium), mineral oil, coconut oil, Epsom salts). Out of all those products, I might suggest using Metamucil, to try to expel whatever might be blocking her digestive tract. Simply, mix some of the Metamucil in with water to a soupy-like consistency and drip a few drops down into her throat a few times a day. You may also try giving her Gatorade, or electrolytes in her water to keep her hydrated. In addition to all of that, I would highly suggest you start weighing her, so you can track her weight throughout this process.

Sorry to hear she's feeling unwell.

Could you post a few pictures of her poop? Could you post a video of her moving around? Can you feel her crop area, how does it feel?

A hard abdominal area, lethargy, lack of eating, and watery stools are all signs that would point towards some sort of blockage in her digestive tract. This can happen sometimes when the bird eats too much fibrous material, like hay, wood chips, sand, towels, etc. If left untreated the bird will starve to death, so it's important you take quick action now. If you have a vet in your area, I would highly suggest bringing her there where she can get proper attention.

If you can't take her to a vet, I can suggest a very basic treatment for an impaction on the digestive tract, but by no means is it preferred method of treatment.

At this point are main goal, as you might have guessed, is to clear the blockage. Now there are several products you can use do this, ( Metamucil (psyllium), mineral oil, coconut oil, Epsom salts). Out of all those products, I might suggest using Metamucil, to try to expel whatever might be blocking her digestive tract. Simply, mix some of the Metamucil in with water to a soupy-like consistency and drip a few drops down into her throat a few times a day. You may also try giving her Gatorade, or electrolytes in her water to keep her hydrated. In addition to all of that, I would highly suggest you start weighing her, so you can track her weight throughout this process.

I am going to keep a watch on her for sure and definitely will try your methods. I have been giving her the (Durvet vitamin and electrolytes) powder and mixed in her water. She drinks it and plus I smash up peas so she has something to eat.

I am going to keep a watch on her for sure and definitely will try your methods. I have been giving her the (Durvet vitamin and electrolytes) powder and mixed in her water. She drinks it and plus I smash up peas so she has something to eat.
Peas are hard for ducks to resist! I found that when they are sick they are only willing to eat crumbled food- maybe try this, not eating for 3 days is extremely bad

Back
Top Bottom