1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Blogger is down!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Princess Amri, May 13, 2011.

1. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    This stinks. My favorite blog host on the web is down! I hope that they'll be able to restore all of my blog posts. [​IMG]

Is anyone else feeling sad because they can't reach their blogs? If so, we can be sad together.

I would just set up a locally hosted Wordpress blog, but those things are more trouble than they're worth in my experience. Sigh.

2. Princess Amri

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Yay, it's back!

Has anyone else noticed that computer updates tend to be way too eventful? [​IMG]

3. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

*Violent coughing* Wordpress is *COUGH BETTER*. [​IMG]

4. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    It was down for about 21 hours from what I've heard. I almost thought of switching, too!

5. Princess Amri

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:Blogger is run by THE Google. Nothing can beat that, in my humble opinion. [​IMG]

6. Princess Amri

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:That's what I heard as well. It was crazy!

7. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Quote:Blogger is run by THE Google. Nothing can beat that, in my humble opinion. [​IMG]

I suppose. [​IMG] Maybe I'm just not smart enough to figure out all the fancy-schmancy features. [​IMG]

8. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    [​IMG] I wouldn't know about either. I use LiveJournal. [​IMG]

9. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    That was primarily the reason why I started using Wordpress. Thanks, Eenie. I find it a lot better. Started off with Livejournal... didn't cut to my standards, so I found Blogger... and when it was down, in an act of desperation, I created a Wordpress website [​IMG]

Hey, Eenie - any way you can customise the picture at the top of the site?

10. I'm glad it's back up. I was quite upset when I tried to get on eariler and it said I could only read!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by