Blond EE chicks?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dadsdeercamp, Dec 16, 2011.

1. dadsdeercamp

dadsdeercamp Say goodnight gracie

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    Every hatch I get at least one blond chick out of my blue eggs. I've been only hatching blue and green eggs from my EE's the pink ones are to close to what my brown egger lay so we eat them. the male is a blue Ameraucana and the hens are feed store Ameraucana (EE's) I dont know if I should sell them as EE's or what? HELP me please.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Yup yup, definitely sell them as EEs. Part of the fun of EEs is all the wonderful colors they can come in, due to their mixed nature.

I would bet that your little blondie is going to end up being a black and white bird. Good luck, and enjoy your fluffybutts!

3. dadsdeercamp

dadsdeercamp Say goodnight gracie

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    I think this is mom
    [​IMG]

4. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    They are EE reguardless,cute little buggers: and your Momma Hen looks just like my Andi. [​IMG]

5. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    you would sell them as ee's

6. Ariel301

Ariel301 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Kingman Arizona
    Unless both parents are purebred Ameraucanas, then they are not Ameraucanas. You can call the Easter Eggers or Ameraucana crosses. One of the things I love about Easter Eggers is the wild coloration...you just never know what will hatch out!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by