Blood in coop! Please help!!

Nov 26, 2020
hi, I found a spot of blood under the roost. I looked at some posts and some said that it could be the comb on the chicken. And my sister was messing the chickens comb (🤦‍♀️) do you think that was it? Although my dad thinks it was a chicken misscariage? I’m not sure if that’s possible. . .? Because this was right after I cleaned the chicken coop and some of the chickens got scared, but if they were about to lay an egg it wouldnt cause a miscarriage (not even sure if chickens can have misscariges?)

thank you!
Super worried about my chickies!!

hi, I found a spot of blood under the roost. I looked at some posts and some said that it could be the comb on the chicken. And my sister was messing the chickens comb (🤦‍♀️) do you think that was it? Although my dad thinks it was a chicken misscariage? I’m not sure if that’s possible. . .? Because this was right after I cleaned the chicken coop and some of the chickens got scared, but if they were about to lay an egg it wouldnt cause a miscarriage (not even sure if chickens can have misscariges?)

thank you!
A miscarriage?
What is a chicken miscarriage?
And what do you mean your sister was messing with a chickens comb?
Do you mean she pulled it off?
My goodness. If she’s pulling off chicken faces, keep her away from the chickens.

thank you!
Chickens don't have miscarriages.

How old are the birds?

A miscarriage?
What is a chicken miscarriage?
And what do you mean your sister was messing with a chickens comb?
Do you mean she pulled it off?
My goodness. If she’s pulling off chicken faces, keep her away from the chickens.
I’m not sure what a chicken misscarige is, doubt it was though, that’s what my dad thinks but he doesn’t know much about chickens
She was rubbing the chicken comb, thank goodness it didn’t get pulled off!

No chickens cannot have miscarriages bc they don’t incubate eggs inside of them... they have to lay the egg, and if you have a rooster and it’s fertile it then needs to be incubated a specific way for any development.
How old are your birds? Bloody stools can be a symptom of coccidiosis.
They are 7 months old

I’m not sure what a chicken misscarige is, doubt it was though, that’s what my dad thinks but he doesn’t know much about chickens
She was rubbing the chicken comb, thank goodness it didn’t get pulled off!
If that were the case, the chickens comb would be an obvious bloody mess. It is best to supervise children in the chicken coop at all times and don’t allow them to “mess” with the chickens comb - they could cause damage as the comb does help circulate blood.

Back
Top Bottom