Blood in poo

jesskat

In the Brooder
Feb 28, 2017
Hi, sorry I know this topic has been covered a lot! My chicks are shedding small amounts of blood in their poo - which I understand can be normal if not constant. They did a couple of poos yesterday that were more blood than poo so I'm a little worried. I have ordered some Coxoid treatment online but it won't arrive until Tuesday at the earliest because everything is delayed at the moment (I couldn't find it anywhere else for quicker delivery). Is there anything I can/should do in the meantime? Is that really too long to wait to treat them? They seem fine in themselves otherwise, eating drinking etc.

Thank you!

x2!
Bloody droppings are not normal
Try fixing up their setup a little too - make sure feeders and waterers are not in a place where they're getting droppings in them, and add fresh shavings as needed to keep it dry. This will not cure it for those who have it, but it could keep the outbreak from getting worse

Yes get started on Coxoid asap. Corid isn't available in some other countries, I think, but Coxoid is. It's Amprolium too, just a different strength. All the chicks will drink it and it's their only source of water.

Coxoid 3.84% Amprolium:
0.024% = 5 teaspoons per gallon of water.
0.012% = 2.5 teaspoons per gallon of water.
0.006% = 1.25 teaspoon per gallon of water.

Thank you for all the replies! They are totally fine now, no blood for a couple of weeks :D

Back
Top Bottom