Blood in poop of 5 week old chicks. Started Corid, chances of survival?

When my chickies had similar symptoms, I gave them corid in their water as suggested. I also fed them a wet mash with their food mixed with the corid water. Make sure to clean/ disinfect your brooder and put fresh shavings/bedding in as the coccidosis is spread in their droppings. I saw blood in poop for 48 hours (not all just one here or there), & then it disappeared but I finished the whole treatment. You can also give them egg yolk or plain Greek yogurt in tiny bits if they look like they need strength (it should not replace their regular food).
Good luck.

Are you trying to get them all to drink the treated water and giving the extra drench of undiluted Corid? The treated water can also be added to a small amount of feed changed often.
The only water they have access to is treated water. And I've given the worst ones an extra drench.

It's close to three days since I started treating them and some look a little better, but others look worse. Not sure what else can be done.

I treated my chicks a month ago for this but the only symptoms they showed was occasional bloody poop. The youngest were the age of yours and I wouldn't have even known they had it except for the poop. They didn't have diahhrea though. You might have just a really bad case or something else might be going on. I forgot are you also doing medicated feed?

I treated my chicks a month ago for this but the only symptoms they showed was occasional bloody poop. The youngest were the age of yours and I wouldn't have even known they had it except for the poop. They didn't have diahhrea though. You might have just a really bad case or something else might be going on. I forgot are you also doing medicated feed?
I'm not also doing medicated feed because I read that can cause a thiamine deficiency when combined with Corid.

Most of mine are okay. They're a little less active, but I honestly wouldn't have noticed either if it wasn't for the few that are really bad. The bad ones are just standing there, fluffed up, not moving. One of them cries all day and has droopy wings. It's clear they're not feeling well.

Most of them don't have blood in their poop either. However, this morning one of them looks like she shed her entire intestinal lining, and there was a lot of blood. I don't know how she's still alive. She's one of the ones that is hardly moving, but she'll eat from my hand if I give her wet food.

Back
Top Bottom