blood in poop

Oreopiggy14

In the Brooder
Sep 12, 2017
20180311_080259.jpg
20180311_080259.jpg
my hen just dropped bloody poop and it had two weird brown things in it what can I do to help her?
20180311_074856.jpg
20180311_075241.jpg

How's her weight? Appetite? Behavior? Occasionally hens will have some blood in their pooh, from laying a larger egg, or from shedding intestinal lining, and it should clear up quickly. Cocci, and worms are another cause of bloody pooh. Both worms, and cocci usually have other symptoms. Keep an eye on her. When was the last time you wormed her?

How's her weight? Appetite? Behavior? Occasionally hens will have some blood in their pooh, from laying a larger egg, or from shedding intestinal lining, and it should clear up quickly. Cocci, and worms are another cause of bloody pooh. Both worms, and cocci usually have other symptoms. Keep an eye on her. When was the last time you wormed her?
Her weight is fine shes acting normal and the last time I wormed her was three months ago was planning on worming her next week might be to soon to tell she pooped that out a few minutes before I posted the thread all her other poops have been fine

What did you use to worm her, and how did you use it? It could easily be intestinal lining, which is normal for them to shed from time to time, OR it could be from passing an extra large egg, again that's normal. If she does it again today, and/or tomorrow, please post pics. There is a chance it's cocci, which is treated with Corid, but I wouldn't jump the gun, and treat yet.

Back
Top Bottom