Blood in the Coop

Kellyapple

Hatching
Jun 30, 2021
Hi yesterday and again this morning there was blood in the coop on the wood chips. Some of it was mixed with some poop. Should I use Corid or equivalent to treat for coccidiosis? I have three chicks - 2 are 3 months old and another two months old. First time chicken raiser so I'm unsure how to handle. They are not eating medicated crumble. They are not acting sick and are eating and drinking normally.

Hi yesterday and again this morning there was blood in the coop on the wood chips. Some of it was mixed with some poop. Should I use Corid or equivalent to treat for coccidiosis? I have three chicks - 2 are 3 months old and another two months old. First time chicken raiser so I'm unsure how to handle. They are not eating medicated crumble. They are not acting sick and are eating and drinking normally.
Yes, corid.

Bloody poop is a common symptom of Coccidiosis infection in chicks. Some strains just cause diarrhea, or bubbly diarrhea.

Please post some photos?

Bloody poop could be an indication of Coccidiosis. Treatment is with Corid.
Liquid Corid dose is 2 tsp or Powder Corid dose is 1 1/2 tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.

Back
Top Bottom