Blood on eggs and in nesting box

Henny0831

Chirping
Jul 24, 2019
Hi all! My hens are 3 years old and for the past two days I’ve noticed blood on my eggs and in the nesting box. I know this happens when hens first start laying but mine have been laying for years. I’ve read in that case it will sort itself out. How long does that typically take? I’ve checked my hens and I can’t physically see anything wrong with them. What’s steps, if any, should I be taking? Thanks!

Hi all! My hens are 3 years old and for the past two days I’ve noticed blood on my eggs and in the nesting box. I know this happens when hens first start laying but mine have been laying for years. I’ve read in that case it will sort itself out. How long does that typically take? I’ve checked my hens and I can’t physically see anything wrong with them. What’s steps, if any, should I be taking? Thanks!
Just keep observing their behavior. Do you know who is laying with blood on the eggs? How much blood are we talking about? Do you have pictures?

931F8DFD-B2D8-4905-A3EC-DA3E7DDB7D13.jpeg

I’ve attached a photo. This is from yesterday. Still waiting on today’s eggs. I’m not sure who it is.

Are your eggs better? If not please show me more photos of the eggs. How big are the eggs your eggs if you are huge than that could be your probalome I hope you can find out what is wrong with your hens

Back
Top Bottom