blood ring or blind

ohh, just 2 days apart. thats cool. I swear , by the time i am able to reply to a post i have forgotten what i was to say.
gig.gif

I have been naughty and candled a day early on day 6 :oops:
But I'm pleased to report that all 14 of them are fertile have veining and are growing :weee

I'm so happy they are all good as I hadn't got my hopes up just incase it all went wrong and they were all clears. Here are a couple pics sorry they are not very clear the iPad doesn't pic up well in the dark

Granny I keep a note pad in my pocket because if I have a thought, I have to write it down. What is even worse is I find myself referring to the list to make sure I actually did a chore on the list. It is bad when I can't even remember if I did something or not.

thumbsup.gif
awesome news yorkshire !!!!! Enola, i am just one step behind that, or ahead depends on how you look at it. I have those little notebooks all over the house. keep forgetting about them.

I can see the veining yorkshire. are the eggs upside down though? so i figured if you could i would too.
big_smile.png
my eggs, 10 of 17 not fertile. dont care. LOL the seramas 3 possibly 4 of 8 are good !!!!! 1 infertile, 1 blood ring and 2 what i imagine to have been frozen ? white/yellow yolk that was busted ? again, dont care ! LOL hope the 3-4 make it to lockdown and hatch. It would be awesome if they dont die on day 14 but i am not going to find out because i am not looking at them again til lock down. I didnt see movement but i did see tons of veins. except for the 4th one. I seen what almost looks like a blood ring but saw another vein as well.

Have you had a case before? I have and you need to be 100% committed to it and then they may not make a recovery or have a relapse. You will need to water and feed the chick as often as you can. I used a syringe so I could get one drop of water on the end of it and then place it near the beak while supporting the head it shoukd get the hang of it. Adding vitamins to the water too depending where you are I think polyvisol is what you need. As for feeding I found sitting on chair with it on my knee was best holding its head up with the bowl in front so it can peck in it. It will have some head movements while doing this but wait till it stops is best don't force its neck. Keeping it confined also is best watching birds with wry neck can be quite disturbing they really have no control and usually when they hear you they start more. Don't have water in with it they could easily drown because of lack of control. As often as possible with water and feed they become dehydrated quick.

With time and commitment they can sometimes make it. Wishing you the very best of luck and I hope you can save this chick :hugs
thank u Yorkshire the advice helped. The little guy showed improvement but I lost it anyway?? Sometimes it's not meant to be. I've got its siblings to keep me busy though
1f615.png

I can see the veining yorkshire. are the eggs upside down though?  so i figured if you could i would too. :D  my eggs, 10 of 17 not fertile. dont care. LOL the seramas 3 possibly 4 of 8 are good !!!!! 1 infertile, 1 blood ring and 2 what i imagine to have been frozen ? white/yellow yolk that was busted ?  again, dont care ! LOL hope the 3-4 make it to lockdown and hatch. It would be awesome if they dont die on day 14 but i am not going to find out because i am not looking at them again til lock down. I didnt see movement but i did see tons of veins. except for the 4th one. I seen what almost looks like a blood ring but saw another vein as well. 

Yes granny the eggs on the candler are sat fat end down on the worktop. I don't usually candle this way, I hold the egg and put the candler on top of the egg using the other hand. But I couldnt hold the egg the candler and the iPad to take a pic all at once I'm no octopus with eight arms LOL.

Great to hear you have some action in the eggs. I too didn't see movement in mine and a couple of them I couldnt see the black blob in them either but they all had good veins so we will see. Also thinking about in now I don't think my air cells were big enough so going to turn the humidity down for a few days and see how it goes.

Now to my other half!! He was up early this morning and came in woke me up to tell me the incubator turner cradle was making a noise and clicking. It always clicks but for some reason he thought it was failing!! Oh dear I don't think he can secretly wait for these eggs either!!

thank u Yorkshire the advice helped. The little guy showed improvement but I lost it anyway?? Sometimes it's not meant to be. I've got its siblings to keep me busy though
1f615.png

I'm so sorry about your chick alisan :hugs wry neck can be so hard to combat and get them through especially when they are so small. I lost my best bird to it when he had a second bout of it and it just wasn't fair to keep him going with it again as he was much bigger and showed no signs of improvement.

I'm sure the others will keep you busy as you said good luck with them.

too funny , I also thought my seramas were tipping yesterday and i put a bit of tissue around them because they are small to fill up the turner space. LOL good boy ! looking at my polish this morn i see a top starting on one. it is fluff not feathers. maybe they will have a small crest and still be able to see. Wondered why some take pics upside down. never thought beyond not having 3 hands .

too funny , I also thought my seramas were tipping yesterday and i put a bit of tissue around them because they are small to fill up the turner space. LOL  good boy ! looking at my polish this morn i see a top starting on one. it is fluff not feathers. maybe they will have a small crest and still be able to see. Wondered why some take pics upside down. never thought beyond not having 3 hands . 

Granny u mean ur polish don't look like this? Lol

Back
Top Bottom