Blood ring?

yann_n

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2021
Not the best pictures sorry! Is this is a blood ring or not?

All pics are the same egg!

Attachments

• 20210414_002049.jpg
    20210414_002049.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210414_002119.jpg
    20210414_002119.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210414_002007.jpg
    20210414_002007.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 14
Ok. It looks alive to me. What I think you're seeing (in the first pic I can see it the most) is the air cell. Where did you get these eggs from? It looks like the air cell had detached (which most often happens in shipped eggs) and the re-attached on the side of the egg.
If that's not what you're asking about let me know though.
Definitely don't pull any eggs unless you're absolutely sure that they're duds.

Ok. It looks alive to me. What I think you're seeing (in the first pic I can see it the most) is the air cell. Where did you get these eggs from? It looks like the air cell had detached (which most often happens in shipped eggs) and the re-attached on the side of the egg.
If that's not what you're asking about let me know though.
Definitely don't pull any eggs unless you're absolutely sure that they're duds.
yes they were shipped!! I see - the bubble aka air cell seems to move when i turn the egg though. Is that normal?

Is there anything I can do to guide the air cell back to the correct position?

definitely will! so difficult to wait to candle though - keep getting tempted to check in everyday😅
I understand, it's very exciting! For shipped eggs it's ideal to incubate them upright for the first few days, like in a cut down egg carton, you can turn them by tilting the carton back and forth. After the first 3-5 days some people lay them down and turn normally. The critical timeframe for turning is days 4-14 for healthy development. You've passed that initial stage so I'm not sure you should try to incubate upright now. Maybe another who's tried will chime in with some real life experience.

yes they were shipped!! I see - the bubble aka air cell seems to move when i turn the egg though. Is that normal?

Is there anything I can do to guide the air cell back to the correct position?
Ok! That is why the air cell is like that then. Oh, if it moves around it is still detached then. That's not normal, no. But it's manageable. I had a lot of detached air cells in my last batch of eggs. If you incubate the eggs upright (if you aren't already) that can help. What kind of incubator are you using for these?

Ok! That is why the air cell is like that then. Oh, if it moves around it is still detached then. That's not normal, no. But it's manageable. I had a lot of detached air cells in my last batch of eggs. If you incubate the eggs upright (if you aren't already) that can help. What kind of incubator are you using for these?
The egg has been on its side!
Upright with the fat end up? Should I turn the egg? and if so, how often?

I have a cheap incubator with no brand really - put a thermometer and hygrometer inside and temp.+humidity are kept constant pretty well!

Thank you for all your help! A bit frazzled as there's only 2 eggs in right now and if this dosent hatch the other would be alone🥺

Back
Top Bottom