Bloody diarrhea all over coop

Trixe123

Chirping
Mar 2, 2019
I have 3 RIR and 3 BR. All are about 24 weeks and some have been laying pretty consistently. This morning we went into the coop and there was numerous spots of bloody diarrhea. All 3 RIR seem to be acting fine. The 3BR were in the nesting boxes and one was making an odd noise. This is my first time with chickens so i am not sure what to do. Any help is appreciated!

I would get Corid right away and start treatment in the water for coccidiosis. Dosage is 10 ml (2 tsp) of liquid Corid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days. Also post any pcitures of the poop. Look for any other possible source for the blood (pecked combs, pecked blood feather, respiratory secretions, bloody vents, etc.) Is there any rat poison that mice or chickens could get into?

upload_2019-8-13_12-15-10.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-13_12-14-28.jpeg
    upload_2019-8-13_12-14-28.jpeg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1
Just give the Corid water. Do not add anything to it. Thiamine or vitamin B1 which may be in many vitamin/electrolytes is not given during Corid treatment since Corid mimics thiamine to kill the coccidia organism.

If a chicken seems especially sick, you can give 0.1 ml per pound of the undiluted Corid twice a day in addition to the treated water.

Back
Top Bottom