Bloody egg shell (pics)

They gobled it down pretty good. They seemd to love it.

Should I feed them a cake eveyday????
idunno.gif

Quote:

I don't know either....

I was going to do one cake a week....but I was going to hang it from the little wire basket, maybe it will last longer that way
idunno.gif

I dont know. I have 6 hens, and I want to make sure they all have some.

Hope someone can shed some light on our question of how much (if not everyday) should we give our girls suet.

Quote:

In one of my nest boxes, I found a pretty good amount of fresh blood the other day. It scared me.
roll.png
I checked all my gals and rooster and couldn't find the source. I checked all their vents and they were fine. I am stumped! I've never had any blood on the egg shells from these gals (have from my other set in the other area).

I have a 1-year-old Easter Egger who is laying bloody eggs. She isn't a new layer. We live in North Georgia, and temps have been in the 80's during the day, with the usual regular rains (keeps the ground wet---ugh!). I checked her vent and it does appear to be wet some. Have another Buff Orpington who has had a dirty bum for months, but seems to be laying as usual.

So . . . no cold weather here. Ive noticed that with the more regular rains we seem to get runny stools. Am hoping that they disappear when the weather clears more. Wondering if giving yogurt will help with both runny stools and bloody egg-layer.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

I have a 1-year-old Easter Egger who is laying bloody eggs. She isn't a new layer. We live in North Georgia, and temps have been in the 80's during the day, with the usual regular rains (keeps the ground wet---ugh!). I checked her vent and it does appear to be wet some. Have another Buff Orpington who has had a dirty bum for months, but seems to be laying as usual.

So . . . no cold weather here. Ive noticed that with the more regular rains we seem to get runny stools. Am hoping that they disappear when the weather clears more. Wondering if giving yogurt will help with both runny stools and bloody egg-layer.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Have you noticed any shed intestinal lining in feces from your EE? Also, have you noticed if she "tucks" her neck in close to her breast?

I haven't observed what her feces looks like. Will try to notice. No tucking of neck. She seems to be acting pretty normal otherwise, and the other chickens aren't bothering her at all. Her eggs do seem a bit smaller than usual. First egg was bloodiest, and I believe that there has been less blood afterwards (I've seen about four now). Maybe I'll do the 'watch and see' approach'??

I haven't observed what her feces looks like. Will try to notice. No tucking of neck. She seems to be acting pretty normal otherwise, and the other chickens aren't bothering her at all. Her eggs do seem a bit smaller than usual. First egg was bloodiest, and I believe that there has been less blood afterwards (I've seen about four now). Maybe I'll do the 'watch and see' approach'??

I would expect a possible bloody egg or two from a new layer, but you stated that she wasn't a new layer. I agree with you, watch and see. Check her poop for shed intestinal lining when you get the chance and repost here. Hopefully her feces will be normal.

G'day All,
My young white hen (not sure what breed) Joanie, laid one slightly bloody today and also one 2 days ago with a clean one in between. I have drizzled some ghee or olive oil in their breakfast every day for the last few months. Just sayin...
They all seem otherwise healthy, perky and naughty as usual!

G'day All,
My young white hen (not sure what breed) Joanie, laid one slightly bloody today and also one 2 days ago with a clean one in between. I have drizzled some ghee or olive oil in their breakfast every day for the last few months. Just sayin...
They all seem otherwise healthy, perky and naughty as usual!
Is the outside of the egg blood-smeared, or is there blood in the yolk or albumen on the inside?

Back
Top Bottom