Bloody mucus poop baby chick

Also...they are on a medicated starter feed and I still put probiotics in their water.
Although sometimes it can be harmful for their to be an overload of probiotics, it will not cause bloody poop and they will probably be fine. I would switch to giving them just electrolytes... but after the Corid treatment. You want their water to have just the medication in it, and to be the only water offered.

And you can keep giving them the medicated chick feed... it doesn’t really have “medicine” in it, it contains microscopic strains of the virus too help build their immunity... mine were on it too and still got it. It’s ok! Just treat them and they will be fine.

Can it hurt them to give them the Corid powder just to make sure they will be OK? Sorry...really nervous about it. I don’t want to lose them. ❤️

Can it hurt them to give them the Corid powder just to make sure they will be OK? Sorry...really nervous about it. I don’t want to lose them. ❤
Not at all.... even if they are perfectly healthy and the bloody poop was an anomaly (would be nice right) they will be perfectly fine. People give their chicks Corid all the time, once I did it based on one being slightly lethargic and hadn’t seen any bloody poops at all. They were and are perfectly fine.
I understand being a new chicken mom is daunting; but trust me when I tell you with proper care and prevention is key. Bloody poop is the #1 sign of a cocci infection... but think of it this way... the Corid is just like having your human baby vaccinated for measles or something. They will be ok I promise!!!!

... idk where you are in the world, but I’m i. The US, North Carolina (originally from NY). Wait til other people start waking up.... they’ll tell ya! 😀 your babies will be fine thanks to modern medicine.

Back
Top Bottom