Bloody Piles. Stress or something else?

That is a feed for starting baby chicks. It is perfectly fine to feed to adults. It has 18% protein instead of 16% protein like the layer feed. You will also have to give free fed calcium if they are laying aggs. The extra protein is good for them this time of year - what with molting and change in weather.

Go to the feed store and get MEDICATED chick starter. It has amprolium in and you know they will ALL be getting it.
Sorry but medicated feed doesn't have enough amprollium in it to fight an acute case of cocci. It is more used to help chicks build up a resistance to cocci while getting a low dose. Not trying to be rude, but it's too late for medicated feed.

Last edited:
At feed store, non available. He said to order Tylon online. They'll die by the time it gets here! Any other things I can use? Looking at Noromycin, Liquamycon, Biomycin, Duramycin, Noromectin, ivomec. Gotta find something!

Drive to your nearest Tractor Supply and buy Corid, but call first to verify they have it in stock.

-Kathy

Okay, I called a vet who sent me to a bird dr who told me about Tractor Supply (before I saw the above post) who had ONE BAG LEFT! Yay! I have it in my hot little hand. It's powder I think and says amprolium 20%. On my way home. How much do I put in their water? And for how long? Someone told me already I'll go look. Thanks for everyone's help. I feel so much better just finding some.

Last edited:
Powder is 1.5 teaspoons per gallon. In addition to that, you can mix 1/2 teaspoon with two teaspoons of water, mix well and give 0.75ml per 2.2 pounds once a day orally for two days, that should really help.

-Kathy

If they are a standard size egg laying breed they should weigh 1000-1300 grams, so birds that size would get 0.75 to 1 ml of the concentrated mix. Bantams would get less, giants more. :D It's a super safe medication and practically impossible to OD them with it.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom