Bloody poop in day old chick

bacibeau

Chirping
Aug 9, 2021
I just got two easter egger chicks and they are two days old today. I noticed that one has some blood in her poop. Does anyone know what it could be? Is it coccidiosis? Could they just be some weird poops because she's so young? She hasn't really been eating yet and her sister has normal poop. Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-07-15 at 8.45.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-15 at 8.45.28 AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 39
The red light wrecks the ability to be able to determine whether or not the poop has blood in it. Turn off a red light before taking any photos of baby chicks or poop in a brooder.

It's bloody unlikely ( I just did a pun) that this involves coccidia since the incubation period before onset of symptoms is five to seven days after exposure.

The red light wrecks the ability to be able to determine whether or not the poop has blood in it. Turn off a red light before taking any photos of baby chicks or poop in a brooder.

It's bloody unlikely ( I just did a pun) that this involves coccidia since the incubation period before onset of symptoms is five to seven days after exposure.
Hahaha thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom